So, you want to start a business? Make sure you’ll succeed by attending these interactive workshops!
So you want to start a business is a series of interactive workshops with job aids to help entrepreneurs start their first business. Over three Saturday mornings, we’ll cover each of the seven sections and discuss the four core questions you need to consider in each section. We’ll help you develop your business idea and plan so that you will succeed.
These workshops will challenge you to:
- Focus your ideas into a winning start-up strategy
- Clearly articulate your competitive advantage
- Define what you do and, more importantly, what you do not do
- Assess whether you’re ready to get going
- Risk your own money in the smartest way possible
- Be brutally honest with yourself
The six core areas that we focus on map directly to the Christian Business Reference Architecture. We’ll also go over the four core principles that God has given us for running a business His way: Products, Passions, Profits and Philanthropy. These groups will be taught from an Evangelical Christian perspective. These six core areas are as follows:
- Personal Readiness
- Uniqueness of business idea
- Money & funding
- Market and alliances
- Legal considerations
- Branding and business development
There will be homework assignments as part of your experience in these workshops. While we won’t “grade” your homework, you’ll find that you’ll get out of these workshops what you put into them. The harder your work, the more likely it is that you’ll succeed in successfully starting your business.
The job aids that you’ll receive and be taught how to use in this group are as follows:
- 26-week cash flow forecast
- How to calculate your break-even point
- The CEO dashboard that will measure the core areas of your business (12+ measurements – Excel 2013)
- The Christian Business Reference Architecture
- List of reputable trusted advisors we have personally vetted for your consideration
- How to develop your personal leadership philosophy
- Building your core values and core purpose statement templates
We must have a minimum of four people to form and run this group. A maximum group size is eight is allowed. We’ll meet on three Saturday mornings. Check the registration page for exact dates. We’ll meet from 8:30 am – 12 noon each Saturday. The cost is $225/person (early bird registrations are available at $195/person). Registration and payment is made in advance of attending the group (via Paypal) and is non-changeable, non-transferrable and non-refundable, unless we are unable to garner the requisite four members for the group. Then your payment will be fully refundable.
If you have any questions, please email me at bill @ Bibleandbusiness.com. I look forward to working with you to help you achieve success in your new business!
Bible and Business